Monday, July 24, 2006

A Layover in Tulsa

Because I’m dumb, and didn’t take any pictures while I was staying in Tulsa, I’m going to condense the two full days I was there into one, text-only entry. I apologize to those of you who are more in tune with my style of visual entertainment, it will pick back up again soon. On the morning in question, being the nineteenth of July, I woke up. This is not unusual. Waking up on a couch these days is more than a little out of the ordinary. I got up and walked into the dining room where... breakfast was waiting! It was fantastic! I don’t remember all the details of it now, but I do remember eggs (scrambled), bacon, toast, and homegrown/made jam. Fantastic. Shortly thereafter, I went and retrieved some things from my truck. My computer was among those things. After I got that back in the house, I opened it up, and found that one of the neighbors must have had some kind of unsecured wireless internet. Which I exploited. After that, my host and I talked for quite some time about all sorts of various topics, including, but not limited to how inhospitable the earth can be, yet how adaptable humans can be, history repeating, birds, art, and television. It was thoroughly entertaining. Later on, it was dinner time, and he took me out to Goldie’s. It was earlier this time, and we got in. I was instructed that the thing to order was the Goldie’s Burger, which I did order, did eat, and then ordered another one. They were both great. I can see why it came so highly recommended. Upon leaving, we drove around Tulsa a bit, including the riverfront area, and the area around Oral Roberts University (there’s some... interesting architecture there...). Then we went back to his house, further discussed discussables, ate ice cream(!), and I watched television and went to sleep. The next day was much like the day before. What with waking, rising, and finding breakfast waiting for me! Pancakes! Man, it was good to have hot food. After that I took a shower, and he had to go to the store. When he got back, he told me that someone had left a sign on my truck that said something to the effect of ‘If you’d like to sell this vechile please call (phone number) –Diane.’ I was intrigued, but had absolutely no interest in selling my vehicle. Oh, and that ‘vechile,’ is the quoted spelling. Then it was time for lunch. Sandwiches. That was awesome, too! I know I’m using an awful lot of exclamation points, but I feel it’s worth it. After that, we talked for a bit, I tried to take a nap (no luck), I internetted, then it was time for dinner, this time it was Pot Roast, which was great. Immediately following dinnertime was ice cream time. Unsurprisingly, we talked more, and that ‘oneredpaperclip’ guy was mentioned. I had to research him, and found out that he was successful in his quest to trade up from a red paperclip to a house (he did it in 14 trades, and sealed the deal on July the 12th.). I had to watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report one last time before leaving the next morning, and upon doing that, I went to sleep. They weren’t particularly action-packed days, and I’ll understand if whatever readers I may have out there aren’t super excited about this particular entry, but I certainly enjoyed myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun! You should have taken pictures though! I have some that you could pretend you took. ; )